Dental Products: Sil-Oss
Innovative resorbable synthetic bone regeneration material
Advantages of Sil-Oss®
- Synthetic: Sil-Oss is a synthetic inorganic material, composed of dicalcium phosphate anhydrous, hydroxyapatite, amorphous silica and trace amounts of zinc.
- High porosity and high surface area: Sil-Oss® composition ensures high specific surface area (65 m2/g) and intra-granular porosity favouring a high degree of interaction with surrounding fluids. It is non-sintered and has low crystalinity.
- Safe: Sil-Oss contains no animal components, what drastically reduces the risk of infection, inflammatory or immunological reactions.
- Innovative: Sil-Oss unique composition ensures new bone formation simultaneously to its resorption.
- Efficient in new bone formation: Sil-Oss® induces vascularization and osteogenesis due to its porosity and high surface area. New bone maintains shape and volume and long-term stability.
- Complete resorption: Sil-Oss® stimulates its effective resorption.
- Reliable: Sil-Oss® has been validated through animal experiments and clinical trials.
- Versatile: Sil-Oss is available in four different granule sizes, allowing its application in all types of bone defects, especially implantology and periodontological disease.
- Ease of use: Sil-Oss is easy to apply, store and handle. Sil-Oss absorbs fluids (saline solution or patient´s blood) facilitating its application to the bony defect.